Serving West Virginia For Over 30 Years
Roger A. Decanio
- Personal Injury
Roger A. Decanio was born in Caracas, Venezuela and immigrated with his family to the United States at the age of five. He was raised in Charleston, West Virginia where he became a naturalized United States citizen. He went on to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from The University of Charleston in 1992.
While working for Congressman Bob Wise in the capacity of staff assistant and case worker, he earned his Master's Degree in Public Administration from Marshall University in 1996. In 1999, Roger earned his law degree from Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law.
Roger has been with The Masters Law Firm since 2015. During that time, he has worked on property and home damage cases resulting from surface mine blasting and water runoff, subsidence damages to property caused by long wall mining and methane gas explosions caused by coal bed methane gas leaks. Additionally, Roger has experience managing cases with water contamination, toxic exposure and personal injury damages from the collapse of a runway expansion project at Yeager Airport.
Serving as a Board member of the West Virginia Association for Justice, Roger advocates for the rights of West Virginians to assert their Seventh Amendment protections to access the courthouse steps and hold wrongdoers accountable.
Roger resides in Charleston with his three beautiful children, one of which is in the West Virginia Army National Guard, and lovely wife, Dr. Heather Galloway. He is fluent in Spanish and loves spending time traveling and hiking throughout West Virginia and beyond.
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
- J.D. - 1999
- West Virginia Graduate College, South Charleston, WV
- Masters of Science in Management - 1995
- The University of Charleston, Charleston, WV
- B.A. - 1992
- Marshall University
- M.P.A. - 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- United States Supreme Court, 2007
- Michael R. Cline Office, WV, Associate, 05/1999 to 2000
- West Virginia Association for Justice, Board Member
Current Employment Position