Serving West Virginia For Over 30 Years
Robert P. Welsh
- Personal Injury
Robert P. Welsh grew up in Wheeling, West Virginia. Before practicing law, Mr. Welsh provided emergency care to patients in the pre-hospital and Emergency - Trauma Department setting as a Nationally Registered Paramedic.
During this time he was inducted into Alpha Sigma Nu and, in 1986, he was presented with the Phoenix Award by the American Heart Association for a successful out-of-hospital resuscitation of cardiac arrest victims.
In 1993, Mr. Welsh earned his law degree from West Virginia University, College of Law. Having the medical background of a Nationally Registered Paramedic has allowed Mr. Welsh to provide his clients with unique insight and perspective of medical malpractice law that is unmatched by his peers. He has tried over 75 medical malpractice cases to verdict.
Mr. Welsh has won multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients. He received a jury verdict in Pikeville, Kentucky, in the amount of $4.3 million for a urological malpractice case. He also settled a medical malpractice case for $1.42 million on behalf of a client who suffered through a 12-hour delay in diagnosis of compartment syndrome of the lower leg resulting in physical deterioration.
He is a member of the West Virginia State Bar and West Virginia Association for Justice.
Outside of the court room, Mr. Welsh enjoys watching his sons and grandsons play ice hockey and riding his Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- J.D. - 1993
- West Liberty State College
- B.S. - 1978
- Major: Psychology
- Wheeling Jesuit University
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing - 1987
- West Virginia, 1994
- Pennsylvania, 1993
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- West Virginia State Bar, Member
- West Virginia Association for Justice, Member
Current Employment Position